Skip to main content

Today didn't go as we hoped...



Maria xxx xxx first posted this to Facebook on February 6th 2020
Short as it may be, I thought it both touching and revealing; so much it has made it here, on Brilliant Blogshare




Well, today didn't go as we hoped but it's in the hardest of times we learn the best lessons and feel the most gratitude.

Buffy was scheduled to have her teeth cleaned and removed today but Dr. Mac had a gut feeling she needed to look at some lab work before putting her under anaesthesia. 
She was right; Buffy showed signs of advanced kidney failure so anaesthesia was not an option and as a family, we decided that the kindest and most loving thing to do would be to let her go before she lost her will to live and stopped eating and drinking.

I wouldn't have dreamed of leaving my son out of this decision or not allowing him to be part of the entire process so, I immediately went and picked him up from school. 
On the way to the veterinary surgeons, he told me he wanted to be the one to hold her when she went to heaven. 
Of course, I gave him that honour. 

On the way home I told him how proud I was of him for understanding the importance of caring for old animals and helping to make sure they never ever suffer.
This is what he said...

(For those of you who don't know, my son was adopted from the foster care system after years of severe abuse and neglect.)

"I know how it feels not to be loved or cared for and I don't want any animal of mine to ever feel that way. It's only sad for us when they go to heaven. It's a happy day for them. Thank you for being proud of me. Are you ok, Mom?"



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to My Father

Originally POSTED ON  JUNE 3, 2015   BY  AMANDALYLE1986 Read the ORIGINAL post https://insidethelifeofmoi.wordpress.com/2015/06/03/a-letter-to-my-father/ I have included this post on Brilliant Blog share because it ENCOMPASSES everything that this blog has set out to discover, basically the most exceptional blog posts around and this post IS exceptional. 229 Dear Dad, It’s hard to believe it’s been five years since I said goodbye. The absence in my heart still yearns louder than ever. A missing piece, forever lost and irreplaceable. All that remains are memories, ever-fading and ragged around the edges. I grasp onto them with all my might, trying to savour each one, but as time trickles by like sand in an hourglass, so do the memories I have of you. Five years on, I still find it hard to look at old photographs without feeling overwhelmed by sadness. I tread cautiously through a minefield of memories in fear of setting off an explosion of emotions, every reminder of
Of Cookies, People And Individuality First posted by  WORDYNERDBIRD ,   MAY 27, 2017   https://wordynerdbirdwrites.wordpress.com/2017/05/27/cookies As with allposts on Brilliant Blogshare they have to earn their place. This, simple but wonderful, post does just that. People aren’t all the same shape and size As though there’s only one cookie cutter, Nor are they placed neatly onto a tray To bake until they’re all exactly right. Have these people never noticed how Two cookies that appear identical Are rarely ever actually so? Sometimes, even a perfect cookie breaks Under unexpected pressure, or when Rudely bumped into by another. Very often, the best looking cookies Prove to have very little merit When it comes to both substance and taste. Then why, pray tell, should my life or my love, My self-image or physical shape and size, Be required to fit into someone else’s Decision of who and what I should be? Whose crumby, half-baked idea was that?

GOING ACROSS THE POND

I have promised, here on BRILLIANT BLOG SHARE , to bring you some of the best blogs on the net, written and  originally  posted by some of the most talented folk I know. Today I am introducing you to SUSI Q who I have known for quite some time. Not only can Susi weave wonderful tales she also writes fantastic poetry. Please spend some time looking through the archives on her blog  http://inthevortexofthewhirl.blogspot.co.uk/ Oh, follow her Blog too so you don't miss out on any of Susi's new stuff. Friday, 25 April 2014 Misty grabbed the ringing alarm clock and threw it straight across the room.  That did nothing to stop its incessant ringing and so she pulled the thick blankets over her head pressing the pillowy softness into her ears.  But she was awake, and she was mad. "Fuck. Fuck this day, and fuck you John Browne." Misty had gone to sleep angry, and had awoken just as mad. She had waited for his call from 11 o'clock last night to 2: